Tuesday 23 October 2007

Polly says what?!

I know that this is not something that I have experienced but I thought that it was far too funny and surreal not to pass on to you all.

Last night, whilst still at work at 745pm, our team and I were exchanging amusing stories from other shows when one of my Production colleagues told me about her experience with a rather helpless Producer.

Let me set the scene

It's 1am in London, lying in a bed fast asleep dreaming the wonderful dream of her team being away on location in LA is our Co-ordinator. Suddenly her mobile phone loudly rings interrupting her peaceful sleep.

Co-Ordinator: (Groggily) Hello?

Producer: The lift's not working

Co-Ordintaor: Excuse me?

Producer: I'm at the hotel and the lift isn't working

Co-Ordinator: (Extremely confused) The hotel in LA?

Producer: (Exasperated) Yes!

I shit you not. This conversation really occurred. I don't really know what the Producer wanted her to do but it is amusing none the less.

12 comments:

Sweets said...

unreal...lol!

Anonymous said...

Is there a correlation between the level a person achieves in your industry and their level of common sense? I'd expect it would be an inverse relationship from some of the stuff I've read! Ha ha :p

The Divine Miss M said...

Yes I am beginning to believe that the higher up you get the less of a grasp you have on reality!

No but seriously, what was he thinking that she could do?!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he watched too many episodes of The Devil Wears Prada. Some people just have no grasp on reality.

The Divine Miss M said...

I love that movie!

Unknown said...

In no way do I mean to uhh...stereotype, but everytime I read ridiculous anecdotes like these I have to wonder...are these people all English?

I mean, the director people.

geeziz.

The Divine Miss M said...

I am pretty sure that Directors and Producers are the same all over, it isn't all of them it is just a select few who think that they are better than everyone else because of what they do.

Really sad and pathetic.

Jam said...

Fantastic - I think I'm going to start doing the same to my colleagues - phoning them when I have a power failure... or when I've lost my keys.

The Divine Miss M said...

That would be the best!

Hi, I've lost my keys.

Umm ... and?

Well I can't get in to my house.

Umm ... and?

HAHAHHAHAH

ChewTheCud said...

Now I have to wonder how much "The lifts not working" person gets paid each month :)

The Divine Miss M said...

@Chew - Probably in the region of £1500 - £2000 a week with all expenses paid. Quite a bit of money but not as much as City Boys!!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... stupidity...

Gotta love it :)