Thursday 3 January 2008

Make up your mind, please!

So today I decided that I should drop my line manager a quick note just to find out who I will be reporting to on Monday and what time I should arrive - this is what I got back.

"Hi Miss M. Can you stay put where you are for the moment. We'll know more next Tuesday. We were planning to move you off (said show) and give you something else but I am awaiting news and no-one is back til next week. Can you bear with us for now?"

What is that suppose to mean? I'm contracted from Monday, I haven't worked in a month and I desperately need the cash! I can't hang around until they make their minds up?! Stay where I am? That isn't a problem, I haven't actually left the house in 48 hours but I don't know if I can take it anymore. Will they pay me for being trapped inside my house? So I thought I'd mail her back and point out the fact that I'm contracted from Monday and that I desperately need the cash - This is what I got back.

"I think as we had already contracted you from the 7th you should turn up at (the office) , (unless you are happy to take a later start?) You might find yourself treading water for a week or two so if you could bear with us. We wouldn't just cancel a contract at such short notice I promise you. Its just that (The New Show) may be hitting us any minute and I am awaiting news on this as we would like you to do this one as and when it starts."

Treading water for a couple of weeks? Any ideas on what THAT means? Seriously woman, what am I going to be doing? I'm not even on a specific show now, I'm basically showing up to the office and doing sweet fuck all for a week or two. Hey - I probably could not even show up and no one would be any of the wiser.

Hey, if they're stupid enough to pay me for doing nothing I shouldn't be complaining. But I must admit I don't know what is worse - sitting at home and going stir crazy, or sitting at work where I don't know what I'll be doing.

Next week is not looking so rosy.

4 comments:

DelBoy said...

Doing sweet FA for a week or two would be great - think of all that blog time and Facebook time! You could get paid to play Scrabulous!

BTW, I haven't left the house in 48 hours either. The air-conditioned house is a much better option than the 42 degrees outside!!

Welcome back!

The Divine Miss M said...

Hey delboy - thanks :) I can tell you that the fun of facebook wears off after a few hours and 2 weeks of it will be torture! Perhaps I should take up some poker ...

It's cold here and I'm lazy. But thinking of leaving the house today actually ;)

Elise said...

Miss M, you're not going to be sitting at home doing nothing! You're going to get paid to sit in the comfort of your own home while you blog...

xx

vixen said...

yikes! one would hope that they would have something for you to do...though i usually can spend my free time on television without pity...