Friday 19 September 2008

Travel companies suck ass.

The past two days have been nightmare days when everything goes wrong.

Yet it has still been really funny. Well from my point of view, not from the others.

First oopsy

I was away from my desk yesterday for about 30 minutes sorting something out, I came back and discovered the paperwork for a hire car which was only supposed to be delivered today at 1800 sitting on my desk along with a set of car keys.

Researcher: Hey Miss M how come I've received a hire car?

Miss M: I don't know hey, did you accept it?

Researcher: Picture of innocence Well I couldn't say no could I?

So the hire car company was closed and we randomly have a hire car for an extra day. Oh well. One thing is for sure, we are NOT paying for it.

Second oopsy

2 of my Directors were taking a 0620 train to Manchesterthis morning and go to get their fast ticket machine tickets at Euston station and then get on the train. They discover, to their pleasure, that they are booked into first class. That NEVER happens.

However the euphoria is short lived when the ticket inspector comes around and points out that instead of 2 x London to Manchester and 2 x Manchester to London tickets they have 4 x Manchester to London tickets in first class.

They get fined £180 each for fare dodging.

Though they did still get to eat and drink all the free food and booze on the journey.

Good fun. I love our travel company.

Third Oopsy

Train tickets arrive from our travel company today for a journey which is on Saturday 20th from Huddersfield to London.

I look at the tickets and realise that they are for Birmingham to London on Monday 22nd of September.

What fun.

Now what else is going to happen?

Please dear god I want to finish work at a normal time today.

What are the chances?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee hee - funny!

po said...

£180 each! Oh my hat that is a lot of money, I thought the average fare was twenty squids.

po said...

opps I mean the average fine.

The Divine Miss M said...

@kitty cat - Glad to be

@po - well it depends, that is on the underground where the average fair is no more than that but on national rail you're fine will be more than the actual ticket and the ticket was like 120 return.

So ja.

The Blonde Blogshell said...

There's a word I haven't heard/read in a while: Oopsy!
Awww Miss M, you are the cutest!

Oh and it's best not to do convert the 180 into Rands. Aaaargh!!!

Miss T said...

what you have to arrange, is for the travel compnay to accidently book you a flight to Barbados

Lopz said...

So whose paying the £180 - the travel company? Sounds like they are going to have to fire someone soon to prevent bankruptcy!

The Divine Miss M said...

@blondie - I do try to be cute ;)

@miss t - oh my, that would be AMAZING

@lopz - no, turns out that my directors were morons and didn't collect all of their tickets. I am contesting it now.

*sighs*