Monday 10 March 2008

Duty Log

Some more entertaining comments for the ever faithful Duty Log

"In today's edition of (TV show), (Character) said, " . . . . between Len and I" and " . . . . between Pearl and I". She has always been portrayed as an educated woman with a good command of English. She would, therefore, have correctly said, "me" instead of "I". This is not the first time that this solecism has occurred on (TV Show) - among those guilty of it are (Characters), all educated men. Only ignorant scrip-writers could be responsible for giving the caste such ungrammatical lines to utter.Please send them back to school!"

- Seriously? Waaaaaay too much time on your hands lady!

"Viewer called to say ' why do you put rubbish programmes on on Saturday all the other channels have much better programmes and your viewing figures will bomb.' "

- Umm ... thanks? We hope you lead a happy life too.

"On the starting sequence when (TV Characters) jump on to the roof, for (TV show) . The tiles to begin with are rosmary tiles (small tiles 10.5 inches by 6.5 inches) then they look a each other turn and run and the tiles they are standing on have changed to a luglow plus (larger tile 15inches by 9inches) BIG MISTAKE! totaly different tiles, noted by Britains best roofer."

- Ok, I don't even have a response to that one. I am speechless. Some people really need a life.

"Viewer complained 'Why is the background music so loud on your programmes? It is the dialogue on the programmes. It never used to be this loud. Please sort it out.' "

- Get a hearing aid.

And my ultimate favourite

"I don't approve of seeing two men kissing at this time of night. It is a bloody disgrace!"

- What time would you rather see them kissing then? Early in the morning? Mid afternoon tea? Lunch break? hahahhahaaaa

I love the Duty Log

13 comments:

Miss Caught Up said...

Are they for real? And I thought I had no life! hahaha

:)

The Divine Miss M said...

Unfortunately yes. We have a duty log which lists all of the phone calls/emails/letters that are received from the general public about the TV shows. They get forwarded to the productions or the relavent people and then they have to reply.

We get access to it and whenever we're feeling down or having a bad day you just read the Duty Log and it makes you realise that your life could be so much worse.

You could be THOSE people!

Lopz said...

Do you think he REALLY measured the tiles? Did he sit with a ruler by the screen? *sniggers in horrfied delight* The duty log is my absolute favourite thing after shoe shopping.

Miss Caught Up said...

I could be THOSE people! Only... I have something to confess and I hope you'll still be my "blog friend": I don't watch regular TV anymore :-o

Shameless! :)

The Divine Miss M said...

@lopz - Oh my god can you imagine if he did?! hahhahahaaa

I promise to put more up on a regular basis ;)

@pdx - I'll forgive you. It's ok, I hate most of the Tv that I work on!

Elise said...

Who the hell wrote in with the complaint about the tiles?!

I love reading complaints. They're so funny! Although the people who write in clearly have no life, they do well to entertain us all! xx

Unknown said...

Wow. These people pay so much attention to detail they should work in a CSI Lab. Or get a life, either or :P

Sweets said...

i can't believe people actually take time out of their day to complain about shit like that... i man really!

KaB said...

Without them we would not have people to point & laugh at! Thank god for them :)

Seriously though...what a crock of shit! Honestly, animals are dying because of global warming, poaching etc & kids are starving & dying of diseases...can't these people complain about something worthwhile & better yet...rather than complain actually get off of their lazy arses & do something about it!

Haiwenna!

Anonymous said...

Contacting the station to complain is the only thing that makes their sad, empty lives bearable. You get the same kind of crap on radio as well.

The Divine Miss M said...

@Elise - I think the same sad people who wait outside write in those complaints!

@megan - Nice idea, or perhaps they should work in government offices, then they'll REALLY have something to complain about!

@sweets - Hey, when you don't have a life you have to suppliment it somehow ...

@kab - *hugs* I like laughing at people

@kyk - You are so right. Perhaps complaining to our channel is the only human contact they have all day. Hey, perhaps it is the same person writing in ALL the complaints?!!?!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Wahahahahahahahaha!!! OH my word!

We have a similiar thing here: The BCCSA (Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa) and some of the complaints are absolutely hysterical!
HOBBIES PEOPLE... HOBBIES!

Thanks for the entertaining post!

Anonymous said...

I have to be honest,it really annoys me when the news reel that plays beneath the newsreader spells words incorrectly,however I draw the line at measuring roof tiles-I dont have THAT much time on my hands :-)
More please Miss M!!