Thursday 29 November 2007

I'm just too sexy for this blog

We had a couple of visitors in the office this morning - The Right Said Fred brothers. Who here remembers them?

I loved that song when I was a kid - we used to prance up and down miming the words - we really though it was just the coolest song ever. Unfortunately now I hear it, cringe and wish that I didn't know it, but such is life.

I do love the two of them though. When I met them at one of our previous shoots I just had the overwhelming desire to beg Richard to say it - I desperately wanted to hear him utter those words! I could just see the conversation unfolding in my head ...

Miss M: That shirt looks really good on you

Right Said Fred Brother: Thanks

Miss M: Tilts her head knowingly In fact it almost looks too good on you ...

Right Said Fred Brother: Umm ... ok, thanks

Miss M: Do you not feel too good in it?

Right Said Fred Brother: Worrying stare No ...

Miss M: Puppy dog eyes Oh come on, just say it!

Right Said Fred Brother: Say what?

Miss M: Stamps foot on the ground Please, please, please, just say it now!

Right Said Fred Brother: Backing away slowly I think I might need my bodyguards now

*Sighs*

It would have been beautiful though ...

P.S: Two more nights of J, but I think he might get voted off tonight. I am now slightly off him though, I saw him filing his nails on last nights show. No manly man is supposed to do a thing like that!

10 comments:

DelBoy said...

I bet my father-in-law would beg to differ on the finger nail thing.

I'm soooo jealous that you're off to Cape Town. As much as I love Melbourne, I do miss Cape Town sometimes.

Mr R Rabbit said...

What do you expect from a celebrity pop star? They're all wannabe girlies.

TBHanks said...

Right Said Fred! Dude, are they still alive. I remember going crazy for that song when I was younger. *blush*
Your job sounds very cool. Oh, and ja, the nails thing. . . uberunmanly. It should just not be done.

Sweets said...

RIGHT SAID FRED........ahhhh...i still think that dude is forking sexy...!!!

The Divine Miss M said...

@delboy - I can't wait to go to CT again, been over a year now and I miss it so much :) real men don't file their nails. And I'm sticking to that.

@rabbit - You're just jealous that I love J ;)

@toby - My job is cool. Actually at one of our shoots I stood outside with the lead singer (Richard) and had a whole conversation with him about how an African tribe had done a version of the song for him when they were touring SA. He's really cool

@sweetass - They are actually, strangely enough they are. *shivers*

Haylzc5 said...

I love your blog!! I will visit more regularly!!!

Hayley

kyknoord said...

Unless they're six-inch nails and you're about to pound them into someone's skull. That's an obvious exception.

The Divine Miss M said...

@hayley - Aw that's so sweet! *blush*

@kyknoord - that's not manly, that's just physco! You weirdo ...

Elise said...

That conversation could have gone anyway you wanted it to, and you chose that outcome! Still, its good that you are thinking rationally, even if you are making up conversations in your head x

The Divine Miss M said...

@elise - I am a very rational human being. Naah I could just see him freaking out if I demanded that he said "I'm too sexy for this shirt".

*sighs*

I like having conversations in my head, much better than real ones.